Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It's that mobile again

I know - I've already raged once about the mobile phone. But ther's more. This time it's those dammed recorded voice or text messages that are sent out by the thousands to get me to buy something, to announce a great new offer, to tell me what I have "won" or what my local politition is doing for me - apart from wasting my money on messages that is.

Not a day goes by without there being at least 2-4 voice or text messages sent to my mobile by some organisation or person who I have never heard of, never been in contact with and don't want to know them. I have no idea where they got my number - it wasn't from me, and I have no idea who gave them permission to bombard me with time wasting usless pleas and/or information.

The really annoying thing is that there in no one I can shout at, to vent my justifiable rage about having my privacy invaded and my time wasted - not to mention the increased risk of brain tumors from the extra usage of the mobile. When the phone beeps and announces that I have a new message, I always look to see what it is. I have to, I live in an area of political and military instability - there are often text messages warning of security problems or concerns that can effect me and my family. So, the phone beeps, I open and look, realise that it just more junk mail and close the device. Later, I have to waste more time, go into the bowels of the mobile to erase the unwanted garbage. All this takes time, my time, valuable time which could be better spent scratching under my armpits or working in the garden.

So' please, don't send me automated text or voice mail on my mobile - I JUST MIGHT GET VIOLENT!!!!!

No comments: